You may be wondering; when exactly is the best time to shop for air conditioning? As you might expect, the cooler months, including winter and early spring, are premium times since the demand is relatively low.
However, there are even more advantages to buying air conditioning at these times of year. Here are a few of those advantages:
- With fewer buyers in the market, central air conditioning installation is less in demand and HVAC companies may offer lower prices as well. Professionals are readily available to devote time to making sure you choose the correct system and the unit is installed properly.
- By making your air conditioning purchase before you need it in the heat of summer, you have more time to research exactly which type of air conditioning system will work best for you.
- You can make your purchase in the off-season and schedule the installation at a later time, when weather may be more ideal.
By choosing the right time to shop for air conditioning, you can save money, of course, but more importantly, you gain time and reduce the chance of making the wrong decision in a rush. And when it comes to major projects in your home, time is a most welcomed asset.
Each home is different and with our advice, you can choose an efficient system that fits your home and provides the comfort you are looking for.
Understanding Your Air Conditioning Needs
Doing your research in the off-season gives you the time necessary to make a thorough evaluation of your cooling needs – and wants. Understand that the capacity and type of air conditioning system you will need depends on many things, including:
- The size, age and layout of your home
- The current air conditioning system you have in place (if any). Are you looking to replace a current air conditioning system or are you installing central air in your home for the first time?
- The features you want in the system. Are you interested in energy efficiency, convenience or the newest technologies available?
Let us help you decide the proper system for your home, the right system can add to your home’s comfort for years to come.
Energy efficient air conditioning systems are easier than ever to find and understand.
Look for the SEER rating (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of the system, which is a measure of efficiency for air conditioners and heat pumps. For more energy efficiency, look for a higher SEER number.
The U.S. government has set a current minimum of 13 for the SEER rating. The use of energy saving systems might earn you rebates and deductions at tax time. Compare features against prices. More features will mean more cost, but some features may save you extra money over time.
Contact American HVAC Inc.
Central air conditioning systems can add comfort and value to your home. So, remember, by planning ahead and choosing the best time to shop for air conditioning, you may find lower prices, have more time to do thorough research and get expert advice for your home’s needs. Contact us today to help you decide on the most efficient system for you and your family’s air conditioning needs.