There’s no getting around the changing weather in San Jose, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your American HVAC Inc expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in San Jose. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the pros at American HVAC Inc a call at 408-215-1018 to start saving a little more today.