Summer is here! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in San Jose is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While American HVAC Inc constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another opportunity to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the winter. Running your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris placed close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call American HVAC Inc in San Jose at 408-215-1018 today.