Having regular air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the San Jose summertime, have the experts at American HVAC Inc conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, instead of unlawfully discharging it to the air.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call American HVAC Inc today at 408-215-1018.