During the cold San Jose months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to American HVAC Inc will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call American HVAC Inc ASAP if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from American HVAC Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call American HVAC Inc at 408-215-1018 or arrange an appointment with us online.