Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it functioning well and keeping you and your family comfortable during the San Jose chill. If you already called American HVAC Inc for your annual check-up, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Chat with us at 408-215-1018 to get one set-up.
There are many simple things you can do in between pro tune-ups to advance the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it operating in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters often and clean or change them when recommended. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and maintain peak efficiency.
- Check to see if your coils and fans are accessible for ideal airflow. Decreased airflow makes your heat pump work more and can injure your system’s compressor.
- Confirm that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or litter has gathered, be sure to clear the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to confirm that it’s working correctly. Merely turn it on and gradually lift the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, look back to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call American HVAC Inc at 408-215-1018 or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!