In San Jose you count on your furnace
to keep you comfy throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be needing a furnace service
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you might have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even produce issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some symptoms for you to search for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a pro, like American HVAC Inc, if you note any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem feeble? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating at top volume or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a clogged condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC pros to solve.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of problems. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call American HVAC Inc at 408-215-1018 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.