As warmer weather rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in San Jose? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is newer or was cooling just fine last summer.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a car, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your equipment inspected seasonally by a American HVAC Inc tech can help find small troubles before they lead to major malfunctions. (And cause your system to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of complicated internal components.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can lead to elevated energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and could even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and in the long-term, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps find small issues before they turn into large, expensive troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These in-depth measures often allow us to find issues before they lead to large issues that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps deliver trouble-free comfort throughout the season. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require yearly maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this work, your system is at risk for premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should include an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll inspect the following spots and parts:
- Overall system condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Right Away with American HVAC Inc
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our American HVAC Inc pros a call at 408-215-1018 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, make sure to browse our discount offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.