As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to fall, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with the cold rapidly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go bad in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when you need to get a new furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in 10 layers in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 408-215-1018 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t hesitate giving American HVAC Inc in San Jose a call at 408-215-1018. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.