With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your American HVAC Inc specialist complete air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working efficiently for the long haul. He or she can make sure the unit is working correctly and can identify potential issues in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could hurt your system and end with the need for big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on factors like owning house pets or doing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer brings your way. Give the pros at American HVAC Inc a call at [[phonenumber]].